Ahead of the second annual Dubai Fitness Challenge, industry experts to dissect the contribution of good nutrition in fitness regimes
Flow, the healthy eating and creativity hub at Jumeirah Emirates Towers that aims to inspire, educate and nourish the mind and soul, is marking the forthcoming second annual Dubai Fitness Challenge with a special edition of its popular panel concept, the Flow Talk Series.
The ‘Nutrition Fuels Fitness’ talk on October 22 will provide guests with a rare chance to get up-close-and-personal with an expert panel of super-fit and knowledgeable nutrition gurus. Handpicked by Flow, the six-strong panel of the city’s leading health, fitness and wellness experts will explore just how important diet is in any health regime.
Molly Howlett-Huggins, Manager, Flow – and a qualified nutritionist – says: “Dubai Fitness Challenge is sure to drive greater health and fitness awareness among Dubai residents. As a place driven by a desire to fuel people with healthy food and energise their minds, the Challenge is a perfect opportunity for us to get together with some leading influencers in the fitness and health sector and fuel the conversation.”
Moderated by TV presenter and inspirational wellness media personality, Uma Ghosh, the panel will share personal stories, experiences and top tips. Panelists include:
- Danae Mercer –previously the Editor-in-Chief of Women’s Health Middle East and Men’s Health Middle East, Danae is one of the region’s leading health and fitness writers. An influencer in her own right, she also spends her time roaming the world for bespoke stories on health and travel.
- Kamilla Omarzay, fitness influencer, blogger and founder of healthy treat company The Snack Society, Kamilla specialises in creating vegan cakes, desserts and healthy treats that are free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar – a job she took up after quitting corporate life back in 2016.
- Victoria Tipper – the highly-driven nutritionist and life coach has a degree in genetics and a Masters in Human Nutrition, and has also been featured in OSN’s boxing-themed reality TV show ‘Fighting Fit’.
- Carly Neave – fitness influencer and founder of the Carly Neave blog, Carly aims to inspire others to live a healthier life and strive towards their fitness goals. Championing a guilt-free lifestyle, she’s currently raked up an impressive 44k followers by promoting her healthy lifestyle to the population of Dubai.
- Nadine Tayara – the co-founder of KeepEATReal & Plotos, a nutrition and wellness consultancy and healthy food delivery platform – Nadine is a licensed dietitian and wellness consultant who holds a BSc in Nutritional Science.
Following ‘Nutrition Fuels Fitness’ talk, guests can tuck into a healthy dinner of Flow’s recently launched new menu featuring foods from around the world re-imagined with greater health and wellness in mind.
Running October 26 to November 24, the Dubai Fitness Challenge aims to encourage everyone in Dubai to take up exercise for at least 30 minutes for 30 days through a series of city-wide fitness events, free classes and contests.
The Flow Talk Series ‘Food Fuels Fitness’ takes place from 6-7 pm on Monday October 22, 2018 at Flow, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai.