Leading global ingredient solutions provider Ingredion, has added a range of single hydrocolloids to its extensive food and beverage portfolio. The gum-based texturisers bring a greater breadth of ingredient functionality including texture stability, emulsification, particulate suspension and protein protection to customers across the Middle East and Africa.
This is the first time Ingredion has added single hydrocolloids to its portfolio in the region. Complementing Ingredion’s starch offering in a variety of food and beverage applications, the range includes gum acacia, cellulose gum, tara gum and xanthan gum. When combined with Ingredion’s expertise in recipe formulation, the addition of gums will enable manufacturers and retailers to go to market quicker with on-trend products that deliver on texture and consumer appeal.
Charlotte Commarmond, Senior Director, Marketing and Innovation, Ingredion EMEA, said; “The Middle East and North African food and beverage sector is predicted to achieve 7.4 percent annual growth over the next three years[. But with more of the population now working and a growing number of young expatriates, consumers are on the lookout for convenient products that fit into the demands of a busy lifestyle away from the home. This presents opportunities for food and beverage manufacturers to tap into this growing market with new or reformulated product developments that deliver a memorable eating experience, particularly in the bakery, dairy, sauces and beverage sectors.
“Combining our global reformulation expertise with a diverse range of highly functional gums and starches, we can help local food producers meet the needs of the discerning convenience shopper. By closely mimicking essential texture, performance and shelf life attributes, our ingredient solutions can help to optimise costs without sacrificing eating quality and visual appeal.
“In warmer climates where refrigeration, storage and distribution networks may not be established, gums can help to control and stabilise texture over a product’s shelf life.”
The range includes:
- Ticalose® CMC 400 Granular Powder – This medium-viscosity cellulose gum retains moisture, making it ideal for gluten-free bakery and low-calorie applications. It also controls texture and ice crystal formation in frozen dairy products, as well as protecting protein in acidified dairy products.
- Ticaxan® Xanthan EC – With a high particle size for easy dispersion, Tixacan® Xanthan EC improves the mouthfeel of beverages thanks to its excellent particle suspension properties. This xanthan gum is also a versatile thickener that adds viscosity and stability to soups and sauces, delivering a superior creamy texture, particularly when partnered with the tara gum.
- TIC Tara Gum 100 – A tara gum used as a thickener and gelling agent in a variety of savoury, dairy and bakery applications. It can be used with other starches and gums to give increased viscosity and stabilisation, delivering an excellent texture and mouthfeel in the end product.
- TIC Gum Arabic FT Powder – A spray dried gum arabic that can be used as a film-forming agent in the panning process of many confectionary products. This grade two gum is also an excellent carrier for flavour encapsulation in dry mixes for water-soluble ingredients.
- Pre-Hydrated® Gum Arabic Spray Dry Powder – Bolstering Ingredion’s beverage portfolio, this agglomerated gum arabic is pre-hydrated, making it easier to disperse and mix. This simplifies the manufacturing process by significantly reducing dusting and the amount of mixing time required (4 -16 hours down to just 45 minutes). The spray dried powder helps to enhance mouthfeel and drinking experience, even in reduced-sugar beverages.
For further information please visit: http://emea.ingredion.com.